- Developmental Training program receives perfect score on Department of Human Services survey.
- 21 Marquette students provided Christian service hours at OFH. Some of the students participated in classroom activities with the consumers, and others did a wonderful job spring cleaning our cafeteria.
- Consumers in the residential program enjoyed a pizza outing with Marquette students through the Bridge to Friendship Program.
- 29 consumers participated in the Spring Track and Field Events at the Special Olympics in Spring Valley. 14 qualified to participate at the State Olympics on June 12 and 13.
- Staff and consumers volunteered at an aid station for the Starved Rock Country Marathon.
- 9 IVCC nursing students completed 4 hours of observation at OFH.
- Illinois Department of Public Health survey of Glenwood House received a perfect score.
Marissa, our summer intern from Notre Dame, and Jake agree that Notre Dame is number one!
Ottawa Friendship House was delighted to be chosen as one of the 173 sites chosen throughout the United States as a summer service learning program for University of Notre Dame Students. Over 400 students apply for the eight week learning program, and only 200 are selected.
Our agency is delighted to have Marissa Koscielski as a summer intern. The summer experience provides the students with the opportunity to address injustices of poverty and other social issues that impact our society.
Pictured: Clyde Gaffney-Grand Knight, Melinda-consumer OFH, Dan Graves- Treasurer, and Joe Percodani-Deputy Grand Knight
St. Joseph Knights of Columbus Marseilles donate $842.60 to Ottawa Friendship House. This gift will be used to support the Special Olympics Program at the agency. This year, 29 consumers attended the Track and field event. The 13 gold metal winners will be competing at the ISU State Olympics in June.